SAP HR Data Browser(SE16) Tips and Tricks
- To view data from a PA infotype - insert the letters PA.... in front of the infotype e.g. PA0008 for Basic Pay.
- To view data from an Org. Mgt. infotype - insert the letters HRP.... in front of the infotype e.g. HRP1001 for Relationships.
- It is often useful to use an end date of 31/12/9999 to ensure that you get 1 record per employee for any infotype. This will naturally give you the latest record but can be useful in certain instances.
- Use the changed on date to limit the records output to a certain time period - e.g. records entered or changed since the last payroll run.
- change the "width of output list" to between 1000 and 2500 to view all available data.
- Remember to set the maximum number of hits - usually 200 to give you a good sample of data. You can change this once you are happy with the data output. You can change the defaults for these which will allow you to work more efficiently.
- Click on the icon "Display maximum number of hits" to view the total number of records.
- Under the heading keyword on the settings dialogue box, you can choose whether you wish to see the field name (technical field name) or field text (conventional name) output at the top of each column of data.
- You can alter both the fields to be output and the columns to be sorted on. Use the menu path: Settings > List Format > Sort. Place numerical values from 0 to 9 and then click on either the ascending or descending icon which immediately refreshes the data output with the new parameters. Remember to click on either the ascending or descending icon and not the green tick.
- You can change the fields that are output by using the menu path: Settings > List Format > Choose Fields.
- To find out which configuration tables are linked to the current database table, use the menu path Environment > Check table.
- You can download the data into text files, Excel etc using the pertinent menu path.
SAP HR now provides a more advanced Data Browser functionality via transaction SE16N